USA Weightlifting National Event Fee Hardship Fund
by USA Weightlifting
USA Weightlifting is committed to serving all members. With costs consistently rising and income inequality a societal challenge, USA Weightlifting is committed to reducing barriers to entry to our sport through an event fee hardship fund to support those in our community who would not otherwise be able to participate in USA Weightlifting national events.
- Member of USA Weightlifting in good standing.
- Current USADA Athlete Advantage training.
- Must be eligible to compete in the event applied for.
- Age 29 or younger.
Funding is intended to respond to demonstrated economic hardship which makes the cost of event registration a potentially significant barrier to entry. Economic hardship means that you are challenged to pay basic living expenses (e.g., food, clothing, housing, medical expenses, transportation, child care, etc.) and this impacts your ability to support weightlifting training and competition expenses.
Some examples of situations that may give rise to economic hardship:
- Low household income (below the Federal Poverty Level).
- Death in the family resulting in a loss of significant income.
- Unexpected uninsured medical expenses caused by severe illness or injury.
- Uninsured losses caused by fire, crime, flood or other disasters.
- Unexpected uninsured expenses for the care of a sick family member.
- Job loss of a family household member at no fault of their own.
Funding is limited to $350 per year per individual member with no more than $700 per year per USAW Club.
Click here to apply for the event entry fee hardship fund. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and USAW Weightlifting will review within 10 days of receipt.