Start a Club
USA Weightlifting is here to help you do the heavy lifting!
Thank you for your interest growing the sport of weightlifting in the United States, we're glad you're here! Whether you want to bring an Olympic Weightlifting program to your school, learn to run a weightlifting meet at your gym or learn to compete, you're in the right place! These step-by-step guides are meant to walk you through each of these processes but we're always here to help. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need help along the way!
- Log into your membership profile in BARS and on the left hand side, click "Setup Club"
- Please note that all Club Admins, must be current and a club must have a certified USA Weightlifting Coach with a current background screening. Click here for details about how to become a coach.
Athlete Registration with your club
- Athletes that are not currently affiliated with a club can affiliate by logging into BARS, and select their individual membership profile. Then, click on the green current button, click next, then select your club. Save your profile and you are now attached to a club.
- Athletes that are currently affiliated to a club can change club affiliation by using the transfer button on their profile in BARS. On the individual's membership tab, they will need to click on the Actions button for a drop down screen. Here they will see an option to start a transfer. An email will be sent to both the outgoing and new club admins, requesting the transfer approval. This transfer will remain in a pending status until BOTH parties approve or deny.
Changing & Adding Club Information
- Changing the location or president/coach information- You can change all club information on your club's membership page through the membership system. Any Club Admin may log in and change that information.
- Changing ownership of the club -Club Directors can pass ownership of the club to another USAW member and must submit a request to the National Office. All current club members must be told about the transfer.
Marketing & Fundraising
Click Here for more information
Opportunity to compete as a team at National events