- Overview and FAQ's
- Coverage dates for this insurance policy are March 1, 2023 – March 1, 2024. Enrollment for 2022. Enrollment for Coaches Insurance Coaches Begins on February 1st, 2022.
- Learn More About Coaches Insurance
How do I purchase coach insurance?
1. Click HERE to log into your membership account on BARS.
2. Click View Profile on the profile card
3. Under the left hand navigation menu in your membership profile, select Coaches/InsuranceUSAW Merchandise
4. Click on +Add Coaches Insurance/USAW Merchandise and add + Coaches Insurance. Follow the prompts to checkout.
Note: You do need to be a current member with a current coaching certification to purchase this insurance
If you are a club and are looking for more insurance products for your club, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Coverage - Current USA Weightlifting registered clubs will automatically be covered under the USA Weightlifting General Liability Insurance, overview available below.
- Club Insurance Requirements - In order to receive liability insurance benefits for your Weightlifting club, you must be a registered club with USA Weightlifting (satellite clubs are not considered registered clubs under the USA Weightlifting general liability insurance coverage). Your activities must also be considered “sanctioned” or “approved” by USA Weightlifting. This occurs as a result of your designation as a “registered club”. With registration as a recognized USA Weightlifting club, the following activities are covered under the liability policy:Sanctioned events and/or approved activities include directly scheduled tournaments, practices, camps, clinics, and related activities that are organized, sponsored, sanctioned and/or approved by USA Weightlifting. Sanctioned events and/or approved activities also include ancillary activities associated with the sport of weightlifting such as registrations, warm-up and pre-event instruction, occasional fundraising events, dinners, awards, banquets/ceremonies/expositions.
Coverage is also subject to individuals being registered members of USA Weightlifting, which includes a fully executed Waiver and Release of Liability agreement.
- Insurance Certificates - If you would like to request an insurance certificate for your club please email your certificate holder's club's name, address, email, phone/fax number, direct contact person's name and email to USAW. If the address to send the certificate to is different from the certificate holder's please supply that as well.