Women in Coaching Scholarship Program
USAW Women in Weightlifting Coaching Scholarship
USA Weightlifting offers a limited number of tuition scholarships to qualified female coaches to attend the Level 1 Coach Certification course. The scholarship covers the tuition cost of the certification as well as one year of USAW membership. Any travel-related or non-tuition expenses are not covered. Please click here if you would like to make a contribution to the USAW Women in Coaching Scholarship fund.
We ask that applicants with the means to attend and self fund leave the open spots for those without the means to do so.
Thanks to a generous member donation, USAW is accepting applications on a rolling basis.
These scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following criteria.
- Applicants must meet all requirements, deadlines, and complete the scholarship application.
- Applicants who are or plan to work with underserved populations as a coach in the sport of weightlifting are strongly preferred.
- Applicants with less than 5 years of coaching experience are preferred.
- Applicants should have experience in weightlifting as a athlete in the sport or as a full-time coach.
- Applicants with high levels of coaching success, social impact through sport, and/or academic achievement in sport are preferred.
Recipients must be at least 17 years old and identify as female.
For questions related to the scholarship or your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-866-4508.