USA Weightlifting National University Qualifier (NUQ)
Host Request for Proposal (RFP)
National University Qualifiers must be hosted by an existing university team or student.
While on-campus events are preferred to help increase exposure and growth of university-level weightlifting, NUQs do not have to be held on campus.
Those interested in hosting an NUQ must submit a host proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- Meet name, date(s) and location (city, state).
- Brief statement on why your club/team should be selected to host an NUQ. Statement can reference such items as past events hosted and equipment the club can provide.
- Estimated entry fee(s). Entry fee for university students cannot exceed $65. NUQs can be part of open meets; if event is open, the registration fee must be adjusted for university students (i.e. if regular entry fee is $80, then entry fee for university students is $65).
- Estimated event costs (i.e. rentals, facility, etc.)
Meet director/host must also verify the following requirements in the proposal.
- NUQ most be hosted by a university club or varsity team in good standing with USA Weightlifting.
- Host club/venue must have the ability and capacity to host a minimum of 25 lifters.
- IWF-certified equipment on the competition platform, per USA Weightlifting guidelines.
- Must use a digital scoring system.
Note: All Weightlifting State Organization Championships are already NUQs; requests do not need to be made for WSO Championships to be approved NUQs.